Painting the grill

To: 6PACK@autox.team.net
Subject: Painting the grill
From: "Walter Fogle" <lbc4me@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 21:54:58 -0000
Hello All:

One of my winter projects is to repaint the front grill on my '69 TR6.  I
took it to my local bead blaster to remove the ugly hand painted finish done
by the DPO.  We determined that the center bar is aluminum and he'll tape
that so it won't be pitted or damaged in the blasting process.

I'll just use some aluminum polish on the center bar but need to know what
type of paint to use on the grillwork.  Should I use a basic flat black, a
semi-gloss, or a gloss paint in order to match the original finish?  Thanks
in advance.

Walt Fogle
'69 TR6, CC30689L
Woodinville, WA