RE: Torque and bolt stretch

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Torque and bolt stretch
From: "J Garruba" <jgarruba@ematic.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 22:53:47 -0800
Dear listers,

    I spent some time checking the Bently manual for the correct ride height
specification, and where to measure it from.  The only reference I found was
this in the General Specification Data chart:

Ground Clearance (2 up condition).........6 in (152mm)

Does anyone know what the "2 up condition" is or where the 6 in should be
measured from at the front and rear of the car?  I expect that the standard
hunter alignment guide would list a distance from the center of a wheel to the
fender lip above.  Or from some specific point on the chassis near each wheel,
to the floor.

 Best Regards,
Joseph Garruba