Re: Brake Fluid: Follow Up

To: wwhitmoyer@samsonite.net (William Whitmoyer)
Subject: Re: Brake Fluid: Follow Up
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 13:55:56 -0800 (PST)
William---I remember this thread about the 5.1 fluid. I had just
replaced all of the fluid in the clutch (my system of choice when using
something different) with the SynPower. It is supposed to be the 'high
performance' DOT 3/DOT 4 and has the glycol base, so it's not really a
synthetic, either.  The Syn prefix must be a marketing ploy to cash in
on the word. Anyway, I have two seals soaking in jars labeled with this
fluid and 'real' synthetic to see what characteristics will show up
diffferent over time. As of six months ago, none. Both had swelled a
little less than .010 in diameter.  They're still soaking...

Dick T.