Re: wheel paint

To: 2000man@eudoramail.com
Subject: Re: wheel paint
From: jay_welch@juno.com
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 07:02:28 -0500
Hi Ryan,

I used the Duplicolor Engine Paint on the recommendation of a lister.  It
worked great.  I believe the color was Dull Cast Aluminum.  Be sure to
shake the can frequently.  It gives a hard, thick finish and matches the
original color very well.  Also dries very quickly so additional coats
cna be applied soon after the previous.  Don't go too heavy with the
coats as it seems to have a lot of solids (ceramic??).  I got mine at
Walmart for less than $3.00 per can.  I can check the can for the number
on Saturday if you wish.

Good luck,
Jay Welch - Abington, MA
1971 TR6 project
1973 TR6 driver threatening to be a project
Member "Cape Cod British Car Club"

===========================

On Thu, 08 Mar 2001 10:57:33 -0800 "2000 man" <2000man@eudoramail.com>
writes:
> Does anyone know of a good silver paint for the steel wheels that I
> can get at a hardware or paint store? Something that is closest to
> the original shade? I'd buy the "specially formulated" stuff from
> Moss, but @ $12.95 + shipping I'd rather get something locally if
> possible.
> Cheers,
> Ryan