Re: Oil Filter, Brake Fluid and Panasport Follow Up

To: David Friedlander <forzion@maine.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Oil Filter, Brake Fluid and Panasport Follow Up
From: William Whitmoyer <wwhitmoyer@samsonite.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2001 11:53:48 -0500
Dave:

Thanks for the tip. I did look at the website when you first posted it
(which is not always the case, so a reminder is good)...but it doesn't seem
to answer one of my main questions...which is can you make synthetic glycol
as opposed to mineral glycol?  In this case, the synthetic glycol would not
be silicone-based, but some other synthetic base (that would still eat
paint).  Exactly what part of the brake fluid is synthetic, making it
possible to call it synthetic?

I use a French racing brake fluid in a nonBritish track car (Motul 600) and
it's sold as synthetic fluid as well and it's dry boiling point is just a
hair under 600 degrees.....so I'm curious.

PS I'm on digest mode, so if this has already been covered, I haven't seen
it yet.

William
69 TR6
90 BMW iX