Brake booster problems

To: 6Pack List <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Brake booster problems
From: Timothy Holbrook <tjh173@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 10:20:15 -0800 (PST)
I have a theory regarding the failure of brake boosters.  I had two of
mine go bad, shortly after bleeding the brakes.  I think this may be
because when one bleeds brakes, the full stroke of the pedal is used.
In normal everyday use, the brake pedal only moves an inch or so.
Perhaps this sudden full stroke during bleeding rips apart something in
the booster which has possibly dried out or something.  I really feel
that the two are linked, because both my boosters failed after brake
bleeding.  Perhaps when bleeding brakes I should only move the pedal a
couple inches instead of the full stroke.  Would that work?  Any
thoughts?

Tim Holbrook
http://auctions.yahoo.com/