Re: redlines are here/jackstand placement?

To: 2000man@eudoramail.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: redlines are here/jackstand placement?
From: Pimento73@aol.com
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 12:38:55 EST
In a message dated 3/28/01 2:18:20 PM Pacific Standard Time,
2000man@eudoramail.com writes:

> One question - can I put the jack stands under the frame, or is there
> somewhere else I should
> put 'em? The car will probably be on them for about 5 days.

Definitely under the frame - as near the wheels or axle line as practical
because the frame will flex. With jack stands behind front wheels and
in front of back wheels, door gaps will be wider. With jack stands in front
of  front wheels and behind rear wheels, there may not be a door gap.
Not necessarily a problem - just something to be aware of.
Cheers
Jack Mc