Re: was carb part/Ebay fraud

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: was carb part/Ebay fraud
From: "Valerie Stabenow" <hlub34a@aeroinc.net>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 16:21:43 -0500
I thought I was "protected" on Ebay.  as well. There is a $25
"deductible" before the Ebay insurance kicks in. There is a mediaition
service, but that's on the honor system between you and the seller,
unless you pay $15 for the services of a live mediator, but's that's
non-binding!!!!

We had bought a Kelly springfield clock that the seller said worked.
It was a piece of junk,...parts rattling around inside. I should have
known from the emails that he sent that his driveway didin't meet the
street. The "box" that it was sent in resembled some Rube Goldberg
contraption...two boxes conjoined with tape and gawd knows what else.

Of course he denied responsibility...said it was a clock others wanted
so we should be happy we got it.

I don't think I will be buying any other mechanical items from
Ebay...the seller's opinion of what works, is functional etc. is often
vastly different from the buyer's.

HOwever, just to give Ebay a fair shake...we have been very pleased
with the books, etc that we have purchased.

Valerie Stabenow,1962 mga,1967 tr4a, 1969 xk-e, 1973 tr6, 1981
corvette