RE: racetorations

To: "'6 PACK LIST '" <6PACK@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: racetorations
From: Jim Hill <Jim_Hill@chsra.wisc.edu>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 02:38:17 -0500
Dale Katzfey wrote:

>I've been sending messages to Racetorations
>...and have yet to get a response.

Dale -

I've not dealt with Racetorations (yet), but my experience with UK suppliers
in general has been that telephone contact is far superior to email
enquiries.

Because of the high cost of shipping, it's absolutely essential to make SURE
that they know what you want--and that you know what you're getting--and
it's far easier to straighten this all out by a personal conversation on the
phone, perhaps using an email (or an actual letter) to confirm your order.

The many small TR suppliers in the UK are not high-volume operations, and I
suspect that they find email too easy to lose, misplace or put off until
later, while a telephone call will usually put you in contact with the
person you need to talk to.

Just remember the time difference    :-)

Jim Hill
Madison WI