Tough Hub

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Tough Hub
From: Jsut4fun@aol.com
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 10:11:39 EDT
I am having difficulty pulling a rear hub from my 76 TR6.  After failing with
the club's puller I took it to our local auto repair that is accustomed to
working on Triumphs...no luck.  They suggested a machine shop in Chicago that
has specialized equipment.  The machine shop placed 15 tons of pressure on
the hub to no avail, (except to damage the hub and shaft)!  It looks like I
will be replacing the outer shaft and hub.

Has anyone else run into this sort of problem?  If so, what is the cause?  We
could find no evidence of rust or any corrosion, and no parts had been welded.

Looking for advice!!!!!