Re: TR-6 hartop questionIi

To: Ben Heller <ben.heller@gses.com>
Subject: Re: TR-6 hartop questionIi
From: Rob Pennington <robp@ncsa.uiuc.edu>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 09:55:33 -0500
I didn't even try to save the seals in mine when I stripped it because I'd
rather buy new seals than try to replace broken glass.  I slid a razor
knife between the seal and glass all the way around the glass and sliced
them off very easily.

TRF had the seals in stock last fall when I ordered them.  BTW, I checked
before cutting up the old seals.  Also, if you are going to replace the
headliner, the seals should come out since the material wraps around the
edge of the metal under the rubber seal.  I haven't put the new seals on
yet but it should be very similar to doing the windshield with the "string
trick".  I will also be using a small bead of windshield sealer to make
sure there aren't any leaks.

Rob
74 TR6 Daily driver