Re: TR6 started running poorly

To: tr6taylor@webtv.net
Subject: Re: TR6 started running poorly
From: "James A. Tabor" <jatabor@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2001 19:57:14 -0400
agreed.
i truly was not sure if the diaphram blow before or after the POP.
darn chicken and egg...;-)

right after i sent the email i remember what two things did fix the
"bucking" engine stall problem.....

I had a old spare rotor that i needed to use in a pinch one
time and i never replaced with a brand new one. but that didn't
quite do it...
what did (and i believe was the REAL problem in my case)
was the lead coming from the coil to the distributor.
the wire was original and worn/bent at the clip. this might
have weakened the connection.
so i replaced it with a new wire i made.
so it ended up being electrical.

i think i read earlier today that you suggested that....?

anyway, it has been GREAT weather all last week and this week (so far) for
driving the 6 here in DC/MD

cheers!

James