seam sealing

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: seam sealing
From: "Riddle, Mark" <riddlem@ciitech.com>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 08:07:16 -0400
Listers,
Well I am coming in to the home stretch of a 20 year, yes 20 year
restoration project ( you know ...job , wife, kids...), on my '72 TR-6.
Seems funny to think that when I first got the car, it was just 5 years old.
I'll go into that some other time though.

Over the years I had removed the fenders from the main body working on
various areas of the car, and when my paint man agreed to paint it, we also
agreed that he could paint it in parts rather than him reassembling the car,
another very long story. The painting will soon be complete (this week I
hope), and  I will reassemble the fenders to the rest. My question is what
is the best material to use for the rear fender to body joint? The area from
the rear deck apron, along the top edge of the fender, and down the rear
valance. How far should it extend?

I was reading the adds for the new body shells, and they make mention of
using updated methods of seam sealing, can anyone detail what these may be?

TIA
Mark Riddle
'72 TR-6 ( with fresh Damson)

The information in this email, and in any attachments,
may contain confidential information and is intended
solely for the named addressee(s). It must not be disclosed
to any person without authorization. If you are not the
intended recipient, you are not authorized to disclose, copy,
distribute, or retain this message or any part of it.