RE: Fire and Throwout bearing

To: 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Fire and Throwout bearing
From: Chuck Arnold <chuck.arnold@oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 08 May 2001 15:53:36 -0700
Re fire:  I urge you to get a relay on the light circuit while you
rewire your burned system.  For a real good series of technical articles
on such wiring [and the necessary parts] go to
http://lighting.mbz.org/
Also might consider a master fusible link on the hot side -- not sure of
the right amperage -- but with such a device the fuse goes, not the
wiring.

Re Bearing:  I just got the bearing at a local auto parts store -- no
sleeve.  I used my vice and slowly pressed it on the old sleeve -- no
problem.  Note:  the old [new] bearing had been in for more than 2000
miles [some hard on a track] and was just about shot!  The Landcruiser
one is big, beefy and much smoother.  Get the Sachs Saab clutch plate
while you are at it [Saab 900 early 1980 through early 1990 works].

Chuck Arnold

[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of
chuck.arnold.vcf]