RE: American Racing Equipment Libre Wheels

To: <RPVanLuchene@lbl.gov>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: American Racing Equipment Libre Wheels
From: "Hugh Barber" <tr6nut@telocity.com>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 20:22:40 -0700
Ryan,

American Racing Equipment made the Libre wheels in 13, 14, and 15 inch
diameters.  Old pictures of the 1969 Group 44 TR6 show it with a set.
Unfortunately, you will find no help from the folks who (now) own A.R.E.
They are not interested in any or the "old" designs (except for the 5 spoke
ponycar Torq-Thrust wheel).  They just want to make new designs for the rice
rockets.  I just wish that they would license the design to someone else (if
they're not interested in making them).

Hugh Barber
Hollister, CA
'73 TR6