Re: Brake Caliper Pistons

To: "Jim Henningsen" <jdhenn@cfl.rr.com>,
Subject: Re: Brake Caliper Pistons
From: "Robert L. Gannon" <trsix74@home.com>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2001 21:48:01 -0400
Wow! If that were the case then the area in the cup would have such a large
amount of air trapped inside. It would be absolutely impossible to bleed the
front brakes effectively. Then the dust cap would not have a grooved area to
fit. So you would be continuously getting brake dust attacking the surface
that would protrude when braking.Obviously must have been momentary lapse of
reason by the person doing the brake job! You must have been driving a
coffin. Would I be right in saying that the front brakes do 80% of the
braking and the rear 20%. I think Fred Flintstone had better brakes! Glad
you found it out before you where harmed.
Robert L. Gannon
E- Mail Reply Options:     trsix74@Home.com
                                      trsix74@Yahoo.com
                                      trsix74@NetZero.net