Re: Great 1000 mile trip!

To: "6pack list" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Great 1000 mile trip!
From: vze2846b <vze2846b@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 11:27:22 -0400
Keith,

I'm envious.  My OD is due back to me any day now and I've got several
hours of work to get it back in.  I'd love to be out cruising.

The wiper arm has a socket that fits over the drive stub.  Within this
socket, you should see a little piece of spring steel.  This forms a tab
that locks into a groove under the splines of the drive stub.  I'm
betting that the tab has broken off or that the arm has not been pressed
on far enough to ensure engagement.

As for the blinkers, I think you have some wires crossed at the hazard
switch.  I took a quick look in my Bentley manual and the connections are
as follows (viewed from the back of the switch):
LEFT SIDE OF SWITCH
- top left horizontal tab- Green w/ Red stripe
- middle left vertical tab- Light Green w/ K stripe (sorry, don't know
what color K is)
- lower left vertical tab- Light Green w/ Slate stripe
RIGHT SIDE OF SWITCH
- top right vertical tab- Green w/ White stripe
- middle right horizontal tab- Light Green w/ Green stripe
- lower right horizontal tab- Green

Hope all this helps.

Peter Macholdt
TR250

>Dear Listers:
>I am very happy to report that I just completed a 1000 mile trip (from
>near St.
>Louis to New York City) in my 72 TR6.  I have to give Bob Wanta (see
>http://members.iconn.net/bobsauto/) major credit for his excellent work on my
>engine rebuild (blueprinted, balanced, and mild cam).  She ran like a bat
>out of
>you know what the entire trip without a single complaint.  OD would have been
>nice for a long trip, but the 6 seemed very happy cruising at 3800-4200
>rpm all
>day long.
>I had 2 minor problems.  First, my driver side wiper (the entire wiper arm)
>worked its way completely off during torrential rain in Ohio.  I managed to
>reach out and grab it before it hit the pavement.  I pushed it back on the
>splined stub, but it continues to back itself off again after the wipers
>run for
>a few minutes.  I see no set screw or other way to tighten the wiper.  Am I
>missing something?
>Second problem is electrical and has me stumped.  My turn signals only
>work when
>the hazard flasher switch is in the on position (red dash light on).  My
>hazard
>flashers work only when the hazard switch is in the off position (red dash
>light
>off) and the turn signals are switched on in either direction.  I have Dan
>Masters book, but don't have it with me.  Advice anyone?
>Thanks.
>
>Keith Baer
>72 TR6 CC85318U

Peter Macholdt