RE" Great 1000 mile trip!

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: RE" Great 1000 mile trip!
From: William Whitmoyer <wwhitmoyer@samsonite.net>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 09:17:43 -0400
If that was last Friday, I was also driving in that Ohio rain...on my way
to Carlisle.  Two days, 1060 miles in my 69 TR6...a good way to start the
summer.

Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 10:52:52 -0400
From: keith.baer@amcny.org
Subject: Great 1000 mile trip!
Dear Listers:
I am very happy to report that I just completed a 1000 mile trip (from near
St.
Louis to New York City) in my 72 TR6. I have to give Bob Wanta (see
http://members.iconn.net/bobsauto/) major credit for his excellent work on my
engine rebuild (blueprinted, balanced, and mild cam). She ran like a bat
out of
you know what the entire trip without a single complaint. OD would have been
nice for a long trip, but the 6 seemed very happy cruising at 3800-4200 rpm
all
day long.
I had 2 minor problems. First, my driver side wiper (the entire wiper arm)
worked its way completely off during torrential rain in Ohio