Leaking Carbs

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Leaking Carbs
From: "Chuck Lane" <Chuck.Lane@verizon.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 09:41:25 -0400
Hello,

I need some help.  My 7 month pregnant wife has given me 3 options:

1-Sell the car
2-Find Someplace else to store it
3-Fix the gas smell coming from the TR6

My TR6 has been stinking up the garage and house for a few months.  I have
finally looked at the carbs this evening and determined that there is gas
leaking out of the bottom of both of the carbs.  The leaking starts after I
run it the car.  When I stop I can feel gas leaking out of the bottom, from
some valve.  It seems to be a significant amount.  The gas eventually
evaporates, but the smell doesn't.  The car seems to run fine, hard to start
occasionally with lots of smoke (I hope I didn't offend anyone behind me at
last years Imke Auto show when I was leaving).  When I turn off the car it
stutters and tries to keep running as I am walking away with the keys in my
hand (I guess it has some extra moxy and desire to keep going which is
good).  I don't know if the leaking gas creates the stuttering.

I don't know much about cars, that's what the TR6 is for.  I know there is
alot of local knowledge for me to tap into (hint hint Ryan and Nelson.  I
just got my newsletter, possibly for a tech session for you?  But I think
you covered carbs not too long ago?)

Any help would be appreciated by my wife and soon to be 3rd daughter.

Thanks,

Chuck Lane
Hilliard, Ohio
72 TR6

(Sorry if this is recieved multiple times, i am in the process of switching
mail accounts.)