Fwd: Continued clutch woes

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: Continued clutch woes
From: StuBeatty@aol.com
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2001 18:15:16 EDT
For the past two years I had a problem with my clutch that I could not
resolve. My clutch pedal seemed to be binding. When I would release the
clutch, the pedal would travel a short distance then seem to stick or bind,
then jump. Trying the engage the clutch from a stop was tricky at best. After
replacing all the hydraulics and taking the clutch out twice, it turns out to
be a loose pilot bushing in the flywheel.
Last time out, I took a nail punch and tapped around the edge of the pilot
bushing securing it in the flywheel. The problems have all disappeared. The
next time you have your transmission out, take the flywheel off and see if
your pilot bushing moves freely. If it does then this could be the source of
one of your problems.

Stuart
Belleville, Ontario
76 Carmine TR6