Re: Fwd: Continued clutch woes AND loose pilot bushing

To: StuBeatty@aol.com
Subject: Re: Fwd: Continued clutch woes AND loose pilot bushing
From: jay_welch@juno.com
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2001 22:11:35 -0400
Stu,

Thanks for bringing up this topic.  I just installed the motor and
transmission the other day and thought the pilot bushing might be
squeezed between the flywheel and the crankshaft when I tightened the
flywheel to the crankshaft.....no such luck.  Could someone explain to me
what the deal is with this.  I have never known a pilot bushing or
bearing to be allowed to spin in its receptacle.

Thanks for the info,
Jay Welch - Abington, MA
Member "Cape Cod British Car Club"
http://clubs.hemmings.com/capecodbritish/