Re: Cleaning the fuel pump screen

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Cleaning the fuel pump screen
From: TR6GREG@aol.com
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 06:59:02 EDT
Walt, just to add to Dick's comments, there are no seals to replace when you
take the pump top off, as the diaphram itself does double duty as the sealing
gasket between the pump halves.  You may want to inspect the diaphram for any
age defects, such as cracks and such, especially if the pump is very old.
Also a word of caution...if you remove the screens, make sure you peen around
the edges of the screens with a center punch when you reinstall them, other
wise they will work loose eventually and will cause the engine to die on
you...probably not in your driveway.   I had this happen to me a couple years
ago, and upon disassembly of the pump, found that someone had not done this
at the factory, as to my knowledge the pump had never been apart.  HTH

Greg Donegan
72 TR6
Hebron KY