RE: TR6 Clutch Problem

To: "'Alan FitzPatrick'" <afitzpat@twcny.rr.com>, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: TR6 Clutch Problem
From: David Randall <davidra@corbis.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 17:18:36 -0700
Alan,

Two things. In my TR7 days, a bad clutch slave-cylinder would cause what
you're describing. Does the TR6 have a clutch slave?

Also, when I worked at a garage during highschool, we stopped having
flywheels 'turned', as making it thinner would mean the clutch would start
to slip sooner. We just the flywheel up with sandpaper, and didn't worry if
it wasn't smooth.

Hope any of this helps,

Dave