RE: TR6 Clutch Problem

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: TR6 Clutch Problem
From: David Randall <davidra@corbis.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 10:34:22 -0700
Jim,

Bear with me here.

If the clutch is disengaged, what can the surface of the flywheel matter?
I'm not trying to say you're wrong, but it makes no sense to me. More
difficult disengagement sounds plausible though.

A bad slave-cylinder in the TR7 did cause the one problem Alan described
(the clutch taking-up to close to the floor). Since I only helped friends
work on TR6s, and haven't chosen my 'new' one yet, I can't remember if they
have clutch-slaves or not.

Drive fun!

Dave