TR6 Residual Prssure Valve

To: "6-Pack List" <6pack@autox.team.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 Residual Prssure Valve
From: "Hugh Barber" <tr6nut@telocity.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 09:55:24 -0700
Lister,

My (somewhat limited) reading and knowledge of automotive braking systems,
has led me to understand that drum brake systems require a "residual
pressure valve".  This device does not let all of the line pressure drop and
keeps the brake shoes from retracting fully and causing too great a pedal
stroke.  I know that other cars use them.  The question is:  Did Triumph use
one on the rear brake circuit of the TR6 and if they did, where is it
located ?  I have looked over my Bentley and Haynes manuals and can find no
mention of it.  Is it integral to the master cylinder ?

Thanks in advance,

Hugh Barber
Hollisrer, CA
'73 TR6