Re: TR6 Residual Prssure Valve

To: Hugh Barber <tr6nut@telocity.com>, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 Residual Prssure Valve
From: Bill McIntire <william.mcintire@wright.edu>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 13:27:43 -0400
Hugh
As I remember it TR never used a resid. press. valve in the
rear brakes. They did, however, use one in the front brake
system. TR3s & 4s had one at the 'T' connection of the brake
lines on the frame on the right side. Tr 250s, I dunno. Tr
6s (early) had no valve - dunno about late. They did have a
pressure valve available that was to be mounted on the left
front frame rail, just beyond the failure light switch. I
believe the reason this was made available was because of
the inherent slop in the front wheel bearings. If you made a
hard tight turn, the rotors would rock and push the pistons
back in the calipers. The next time you used the brakes, you
had a biggie suprise as the pedal was w  a  y down there
somewhere. The valve stopped that.
HTH
Bill '70 6