Re: Press in jets/'69 TR6 carbs

To: lbc4me@hotmail.com (Walter Fogle)
Subject: Re: Press in jets/'69 TR6 carbs
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 18:56:50 -0700 (PDT)
Walt---I'll take a few long shots at this time...Based on the new info
of fuel odor, and assuming that no visable leaks are present, it's
possible that some of your fuel is going into the crankcase thru the
fuel pump. If this happens to be so, eventually the "oil" level on the
dipstick could increase.  Note where the level is when cold, and measure
thereafter, always when cold.

Cold engines will tolerate a very rich mixture. Could it be that dirt is
getting past your fuel filter and causing the needle valve in one or
both of the floats to stick open? (check the dirty plug carb first)

Backfiring generally will happen when the spark is momentarily
interrupted then comes back on again.  If I were a betting man.......

Dick T.