Electrical Problem

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Electrical Problem
From: "Wade Shanley" <wadesh@home.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 21:27:53 -0500
Im hoping the collective wisdom on this list will be able to point me
in the right direction.  In April I took my TR6 out of storage I
purchased a new Die Hard battery.  The old one was about 4 = years old
so I changed it out as a precaution.  The car was fine for about 2
months. I even had it sitting for weeks and it would start with no
problem.  A few days ago I get in and the battery is completely deadno
click no nothing.  It was only sitting overnight. I drove it the
previous day.  I checked to make sure I didnt leave the lights on.
Nothing was left on.  I jumped it and it started fine, charged up right
away.  I let it run to hot and checked the volts and it was between 13
and 14 so I guess the alternator is charging ok.  Turned it off.let it
sit over night and the same thingcompletely dead the next morning.
Charged it againtook the battery out of the car and let it sit
overnight to make sure it was holding a charge.  It was holding a
chargeso I put it back instarted the car fine.  Let it run a while and
turned it off.  Did some work around the garage for about 1hour.went
back to start it and it was completely dead again.  I cant figure out
what would drain the battery completely so quickly.  If anyone has any
ideasplease let me know.

The battery is a Die Hard Security (one with one of those remote cut off
devices).  Im thinking the security feature in the battery could be
malfunctioning and draining the battery or something.  If I cant figure
it out, Im going to return it and just get a regular battery and see if
that helps.

Wade Shanley

1974 TR 6