TR6 Body mounts

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 Body mounts
From: "Vito Pacione" <vito@argohouston.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 11:04:32 -0600

I have a question regarding body mounts. The rear holes on the frame cruciform
(the flate plates welded in front of the rear suspension crossmember) are
apparently for seat belt mounting.

All of the assembly manuals I have seen show that there is a thin and a thick
rubber/canvas spacer pad used at each one of the two seat belt mounting holes
between the frame and body. My car had aluminum spacers somewhat like the
round ones with the slit in them used on other body mount locations. However,
these have no slot. They are round donuts (like really thick flat washers) the
same thickness as the other aluminum spacers just without the slot. Probably
for more safety on the seatbelts. Has anyone else seen these on their car?
They sure look original. I'm not sure whether to clean them up and re-use them
or go to the two rubber/canvas pads as shown in the manuals. None of the
manuals make any reference to this solid aluminum spacer being used here.

Thanks!