TR6 Body mounts (clarification)

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 Body mounts (clarification)
From: "Vito Pacione" <vito@argohouston.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 12:58:37 -0600

I have a question regarding body mounts. The rear holes on the frame cruciform
(the flate plates welded in front of the rear suspension crossmember) are
apparently for seat belt mounting.

All of the assembly manuals I have seen show that there is a thin and a thick
rubber/canvas spacer pad used at each one of the two seat belt mounting holes
between the frame and body. My 1974 did not have these rubber/canvas pads.
Instead, my car had aluminum spacers somewhat like the round ones with the
slit in them used on other body mount locations. However, these have no slot.
They are round donuts (like really thick flat washers) the same thickness as
the other aluminum spacers just without the slot. Probably for more safety on
the seatbelts. Has anyone else seen these on their car? They sure look
original. I'm not sure whether to clean them up and re-use them or go to the
two rubber/canvas pads as shown in the manuals. None of the manuals make any
reference to this solid aluminum spacer being used here.

Thanks!