RE: TR6 tires

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: TR6 tires
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 11:37:55 -0800 (PST)
My findings when running the 215X70x15 H-rated tire on stock rims was
that when I inflated the pressures to 30lb. the contact patch was mostly
on the center treads. After about 10,000 miles it became obvious that
the tread near the corners weren't doing much, at least when travelling
in a straight line. Reducing the pressures to 26lb. evened out the wear
pattern for the balance of the life of these tires. Still, they never
recovered from the early 'over-inflation'. I doubt this would be an
issue on 6 inch rims, or lower inflation pressures.

Dick T.