Re: Convertible Top Alignment

To: <AlDKing@aol.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Convertible Top Alignment
From: "Nelson Riedel" <nelson@buckeyetriumphs.org>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 22:30:33 -0500
Al,

That top sounds about perfect to me.  When you do get it latched down, it'll
be nice and tight.  However, there may be a problem getting it fastened in
cold weather.  I've used hot water on mine to get it warm enough to stretch
and latch.

I've heard some claim that they tie a long rope around the top and secure
the other end to something strong such as a large tree trunk or the bumper
of an 18 wheeler (parked).   These guys then just back up a half inch or so
and the top is in position to latch.  I suspect they're pulling my leg
rather than their top.

Nelson Riedel
Granville, Ohio
'68TR250, '76TR6, '70TR6 (project)