Column light switches

To: 6pack-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: Column light switches
From: CMCon98@aol.com
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 19:22:28 EST
Hey folks,
I have a '71 with a bad column headlight switch.  Moss has new switches
available, but they are slightly different from mine, in that they not only
include
the on/off/flash function, but also the hi/low beam function.  My hi/low beam

switch is on the floor, so I'm sure some minor rewiring will be in order.  My

question is, does anyone have a TR-6 with the on/off/flash/low/high beam
functions all in the column switch?  None of my manuals show such a setup,
although I have heard that '73s and early '74s came this way.  If anyone has
such an animal, how does the switch work, ie what are the positions for which

functions?  Just want a little more info before I drop $153.00 on the switch.
TIA!
Colin
'71 TR-6 CC66680L
'72 BMW 2002 2585019