Differential

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Differential
From: "Dwayne Cooper" <dcooper@paciolan.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 09:14:39 -0700
I got the '74 up on ramps and found out that one of my differential mounts is
completely separated from the frame (the stud appears to have pulled clear
also).  While inspecting, I found that theres a pretty good oil leak somewhere
in the differential itself.  It's dripping from the bottom of the casing and
finding its way over to the left brake drum and dripping out of the bottom
there.  I've lined up a welder to install/reinforce the mounts, but it now
looks like the differential itself needs attention.  Would a local
transmission shop be a good source for a differential rebuild?  Or should I
buy a rebuilt unit from TRF?

Dwayne Cooper
'74