Re: weird brake question #163

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: weird brake question #163
From: Ryan Miles <rjhmile@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 19:48:00 -0700 (PDT)
James,

    It seems as though all the resposes to your question have nothing to do
with going backwards, but I have a theory that would explain the going
backwards part......

Have you checked your brake fluid level????? (now honestly I assume that you
HAVE and that I am wrong, but I thought I would throw this out there). As you
accelerate in the negative direction (reverse gear) the brake fluid in the
resovoir tends to stay stay stationary causing it to "slosh" away from the
fluid pickups in the MC (the "pickups" are actually raised, so not all of the
fluid is actually useable). Yet when you accelerat in the forward direction the
fluid would move to the back of the resovoir, and you would have fluid to power
the system.

I just took a big physics test today, so I was in that sort of mindset!....just
my 2 cents

Ryan Miles