Re: Clutch cross shaft

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Clutch cross shaft
From: jay_welch@juno.com
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 08:49:32 -0400
Hello Listers,

I understand that the hydraulic clutch is self adjusting but if I suspect
that my cross shaft is misdrilled, can an adjustable slave to fork push
rod take up the lost movement?  I don't know all of the specifics
regarding the inner workings of the slave but in this case it seems that
the adjustable rod might work.  I have not been totally satisfied with
the operation of my clutch but I don't have time this year to be pulling
the transmission out to check.  I believe the clutch, plate, fork, T/O,
clevis pins, hydraulics and clevis holes in my car are ok.

If you get a chance, take a look at our new Web Page.  It's still in the
infant stages but improving daily.

As always, thanks for the info.
Jay Welch, Abington MA
1971 TR6 project
1973 TR6 driver
Parts everywhere
New family member - 1989 Ford Mustang GT (Cobra Donor Car)
Member "Cape Cod British Car Club" @
http://clubs.hemmings.com/capecodbritish/