Re: Fwd: Fitting Header

To: SJANNY@aol.com
Subject: Re: Fwd: Fitting Header
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 11:33:19 -0400 (EDT)
On Sat, 13 Apr 2002 SJANNY@aol.com wrote:

> To All,
>
> I have installed a rebuilt engine in my 1974 TR6.  I fitted a header with the
> engine out of the car.  With the engine secured in place the outlet of the
> header is leaning up against the frame.

let me guess - a Monza header, perhaps?

> Is there any way to adjust the space between the header and the Frame?  Can I
> adjust the engine mounts?

On my Monza headered car, I wound up spending about 10 hours
"re-fabricating" everything to get it to fit properly. I had to grind off
the collector (carefully) and then re-attach it and re-weld (carefully) to
get it to line up.

> Thanks,
>
> Steve
> 1974 TR6
> 1975 Spitfire

good luck.
rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |