Front spring height

To: 6Pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Front spring height
From: "Walter Fogle" <lbc4me@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 15:32:06 +0000
Hello List:

In the midst of my front suspension rebuild I've discovered that the new
springs I received from BPNW are about 11/16" shorter than the old ones that
I removed from the car.  (Old: 9 5/16", New: 10") (The rear springs I
received at the same time were dead-on exact and work perfectly)

Should these new "stock height" springs be exactly the same as the old ones?
  The old springs have "ESSC69" stamped inside the top coil leading me to
believe that they are original.  Has the use over the years caused them to
weaken and actually expand?  Will my front end sag with the installation of
the new springs?

It's early here on the West Coast but I'll also be calling BPNW when they
open up today.  Please let me know what you think.

Thanks and best regards,
Walt Fogle
'69 TR6
Woodinville, WA