Re: springs

To: James.Knight@purchase.edu
Subject: Re: springs
From: "Walter Fogle" <lbc4me@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 16:11:20 +0000
James and List:

I followed the thread from a week or so ago regarding spring removal and
safety.  I removed the front springs from my '69 this weekend using the Moss
Motors threaded rod tool.  I know that you can make your own for about 1/3
the cost.  It's a substantial piece of equipment, however, and I felt quite
confident in using the tool.  I bought mine a couple of years ago and
believe the unit has increased in price since then.  I also tied the springs
to the shock towers with a length of rope before releasing the tension.  I'm
happy to report that removal was quick and successful.  The only minor snag
was a momentary hang up of the rear of the left spring pad on the frame.
One should pay close attention to this area when lowering the pad.

Best regards,
Walt Fogle
'69 TR6>