Re: Replace Con Rod Bolts?

To: hfader@usa.net (Hugh Fader)
Subject: Re: Replace Con Rod Bolts?
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 15:55:07 -0700 (PDT)
Hugh---I purchased a new set of rod and main bolts from MossM a few
years back, mostly because of the miles on this engine, all with the
original bolts. The threads were so bad on the bolts received that Moss
credited my account on these items. I then did the old machinists trick
of running a nut down each bolt to the thread root, to see if there was
any stretching that took place. All passed the test, easily. That was
about 50,000 miles ago. If yours can pass the "nut test" I'd say to
re-use them.

Dick