RE: Replace Con Rod Bolts?

To: "'6 Pack List (E-mail)'" <6pack@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: Replace Con Rod Bolts?
From: Hugh Fader <hfader@usa.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 22:26:58 -0400
Thanks to Kai and Dick for responses to my question. I also spoke with one
of the people at the lab where I work who is responsible for building
experimental engines. He says not replacing the bolts would be a false
economy. (After all $50 is only about 1% of what I have into this rebuild
<G>)

He also said they have a rule about how many times they will torque a rod or
main bolt. The bolts are marked with a punch each time they are torqued.
They use the old bolts to check clearances.

Anyway, I grudgingly ordered new bolts today. This doesn't hold me up too
long.

Regards,
Hugh Fader