TR6 frame number and wiring

To: "'6pack@autox.team.net'" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 frame number and wiring
From: "Harmon, Mike" <MHarmon@sces.org>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 10:22:04 -0400
I have my TR6 frame ready for sand blasting and I noticed a small plate
about 1/2 inch by 2 and 1/2 inches located at the center of the front cross
member that meets the spring housing etc. This would be directly under the
engine.  It has a raised D and a stamped 3 on the plate.  Does anyone know
what this might represent?  Also, are there any simple instructions on
installing a new wiring harness rather than the normal wiring diagrams that
are found in the various TR6 books?  I labeled everything that I could when
taking my old harness out but there were a wires that were not attached to
anything and some had been blanked off.
Mike H.
S.C.