Re: Timing a non-stock engine

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Timing a non-stock engine
From: Timothy Holbrook <tjh173@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 08:27:34 -0700 (PDT)
I have a GP3 cam and 9.5 compression.  Per the Triumph competition prep
manual, I brough the static timing back to 10 BTDC, for a total max
advance of 30 degrees.  I unhooked the vacuum retard and advance.
Haven't had any problems with detonation, and the engine seems to have
plenty of power.  I've blown a piston in the past due to detonation, so
I tend to be cautious with this!

Tim Holbrook
1971 TR6 (soon to be housed in a garage with electrical hookups, so I
can finally get it tuned up and back on the road!!)

http://taxes.yahoo.com/