Re: Position of TR250 stickers?

To: "Fowler, David" <David.Fowler@compaq.com>
Subject: Re: Position of TR250 stickers?
From: Skip Montanaro <skip@pobox.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 17:43:13 -0500
    David> *    where to stick the various emissions, patents, tire pressure
    David>      etc. stickers that were on the TR250.  I thought they went
    David>      somewhere on underside of hood except tire one that's on
    David>      inside of glove box lid?

Here's what I have on my very tired but never painted TR-250:

    With the hood up I have top-to-bottom these three stickers:

        - Patents
        - US Federal Standards Control of Air Pollution
        - Emission control settings (timing, clearance, etc)

    The distance from the bottom of the back hood brace and the top of the
    patent sticker is 1-1/8".  The distance from the left edge of the hood
    to the left edge of the patent sticker is 5-5/8".  The spacing between
    the three stickers looks to be about 1/4".  The left edges of all three
    stickers are aligned.

    The Tyres and Capacities plate (seems thicker than a sticker to me) is
    centered on the inside of the glove box door, readable with the door
    open.  The top edge of the plate is almost flush with the bottom edge of
    the door, perhaps 1/16" clearance.

    David> *    also what stickers or plates/plaques I should have -
    David>      emissions, patent, tire, commission number - any others

There's the obvious commission number plate on the top of the LF fender
arch.  There is also a small (perhaps 1/2"-5/8" high) body number plate on
the RHS of the firewall (at least I think that's what it is - mine says
3892CC), facing into the engine compartment.  I trust you have a pair of
holes there to tell you where the plate goes.  If not, let me know and I'll
go out and make a couple measurements.

--
Skip Montanaro (skip@pobox.com - http://www.mojam.com/)