RE: Installing Oil Seal in Timing Cover

To: "'Sally or Dick Taylor'" <tr6taylor@webtv.net>
Subject: RE: Installing Oil Seal in Timing Cover
From: Hugh Fader <hfader@usa.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 06:38:32 -0400
Thanks Dick. That's the way the rear seal went in. But the front one is
definitely more than just a snug fit. My next step is to measure the opening
ID and the seal OD.

One thing I did not mention was that I heated the cover up to remove the
remnants of the old seal which appeared to be glued into place. I don't
think I warped it or anything though.

- Hugh