Re: Front sealing block

To: Mitchel Seff <ms6453@optonline.net>,
Subject: Re: Front sealing block
From: "Robert L. Gannon" <trsix74@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 18:11:26 -0400
A few years ago I tackled the same problem. I resolved the situation by
removing the front engine plate. I replaced the front gasket after cleaning
the front thoroughly.  I smeared gasket sealer on both sides of the gasket
where it met metal. I added extra at the sealing block in order that when
replacing the front engine plate it would be squeezed out. I applied some
Gaf Tape Theatre Technicians answer to Duct Tape) over the corner where the
sealing block and front engine plate meet to hold back the excess sealer. I
left it to set up. I removed the Gaf Tape. It formed a bead like as if I had
used a caulk gun. Then put the oil pan back on. It has held so far.

Robert L. Gannon
trsix74@comcast.net
TR6   1974 CF22956U
TR3A 1960 TS70951L