update on removing pipe

To: 6pack@autox.team.net;, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: update on removing pipe
From: Charles Shaw <charlie.shaw@acsalaska.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 19:34:29 -0800
To all that answered with excellent advice and other listers,
  Alas no joy today. For information and future reference the pipe nipple
extractors sold in plumbing departments are a marvel for bits of pipe left
in a fitting. I bought an assortment for less than 9 dollars and the 1/4"
fit and backed itself into the pipe just as designed. After I get through
with the chiropractor tomorrow I am going to Sears to get the proper size
breaker bar, short extension and a 50 foot piece of pipe (just kidding). As
Dick Taylor pointed out I am sorry to say the intake will be coming off. If
all else fails I am going to thread the left over pipe and put a bolt in,
there certainly is no chance of coolant leaking by the pipe in the hole
now.Thanks to all that answered and please send a donation to keep this
list going. I know I did and may do it again. I will update as work continues.

Charles Shaw
"A little bent but getting re-tooled" :-)
75 TR6 CF39093UO