Re: Miata Race

To: hurls@world.std.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Miata Race
From: Gameparker@cs.com
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 20:57:14 EDT
Jim,
to coin a phrase:  "SMOKED HIM!"  Funny, but you wouldn't think that my
5200rpm max would match, indeed exceed his 6500+rpm shifting, but at the end
of a quarter mile I could just see 1 headlight in my rear view mirror (in
other words:  I was about a car length ahead and still pulling away).  Beat
him twice in two runs that night.  Then he insisted we swap cars, which I was
loathe to doing but agreed anyway.  In that third run with me at the Miata's
wheel, he beat me by a bumper (and yes list, I was trying my hardest).  Just
thankful he didn't blow my motor.
BOTTOM LINE:  We should be very proud of our vehicles, not only for the way
they look, and their heritage, but for their performance by modern day
standards.  Like I told my red-faced miata friend that night:  "Zoom Zoom
This!"  Of course the verbal war began:  No wonder you won:  six cylinders to
four, fast road cam, shaved head, blah blah blah.  My reply:  YOU wanted to
race ME, thirty year old car, inferior fuel delivery system.  Shut him up.
I am trying to convert the video to clip that you all can view.  I will let
you know if and when it works.
Thanks and Regards
Geoff Parker