RE: rear end now shudders

To: "'Timothy Holbrook'" <tjh173@yahoo.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: rear end now shudders
From: "Jim Davis" <jdavis344@directvinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 20:26:25 -0400
I highly recommend Scott Howell of H.P. Imports in Archdale, NC for hub
rebuilding. He did a great job on the hubs for one of my cars.
His phone # is 366-884-1455, or email HPImports@webtv.com.
NFI,

Jim Davis
Fortson, GA
CF38690UO
CF37325U

As others have mentioned, it sounds like a bad bearing.

1. Don't drive the car again until you get the hubs rebuilt

2. Have the hubs rebuilt by someone who has experience rebuilding TR
hubs.

My dad had a hub go bad on his Stag a few years back.  He had it
rebuilt by the local "import car" garage.  The guy did it wrong and the
wheel fell off the car.  Luckily my dad felt the vibration, slowed
down, and was doing about 5mph on the shoulder when it fell apart.  You
obviously don't want to have this happen at speed...

Tim Holbrook