Fwd: three point seat belts

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: three point seat belts
From: Lizirbydavis@cs.com
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 22:12:12 EDT
In a message dated 4/24/02 10:07:22 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Lizirbydavis

<< auntox >>
From: Lizirbydavis@cs.com
Full-name: Lizirbydavis
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 22:07:22 EDT
Subject: three point seat belts
To: 6pack@auntox.team.net

Hi list,
I have a '71 TR6, which I believe was originally equiped with a lap belt only
(correct me if I'm wrong).  I would like to put in 3-point belts like those
currently advertised in the Moss catalog.  A few questions:
1.  Where is the inertia reel placed on the inner wheel well?
2.  How should this be reinforced?
3.  If anyone has used these belts, does a reinforcement plate, instructions
specific to the TR6 come with it?
4.  Can I use the boot cover with the top down?  It would seem that there is
not enough room for the belt to operate if the swivel (sp) is attached to the
bolt on the top of the wheel well.
5.  What is the bolt on the top of the wheel well for?  I thought the
iniertia reel was supposed to be attached to the "B" post somehow.
6.  If so, how can the convertible top frame fold properly?

Joe is perplexed